Today’s guest blogger is Robbie Richards from Rawhide Boys Ranch. We’ve asked Robbie to talk a little bit about cyberbullying and the challenges parents face when dealing with this serious issue. (more…)
Here are some startling facts when it comes to teens and sexting. Many teens just do not understand the importance of privacy, and the ease in which explicit texts, pictures, and videos, can make their way from a phone to the Internet, or eyes of those they did not intend their personal and private messages to be read by. (more…)
Here is an amazing infographic regarding mental health and young people. I love that it delves into the ripple effects and consequences that come along with depression and other mental health issues.
Here is an interesting infographic that shows the appropriate about of sleep children need in order to continue to develop appropriately and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The amount of sleep children need is not an abitrary number, and getting the appropriate amount of sleep will result in more energy, a higher amount of focus and concentration throughout the day, and even help children maintain a natural sleep schedule. Take a lot at how much sleep children need and decided if you’re getting enough.
Here is a Cyber Bullying infographic from Cyber Smart.
Cybersmart put up this really great infographic with some great tips for dealing with cyber bullying.
Most of you know that I’m a huge anti-bullying supporter, and cyber bullying is a serious matter that should be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Cyber bullying can take many forms:
- Sending mean messages or threats to a person’s email account or cell phone
- Spreading rumors online or through texts
- Posting hurtful or threatening messages on social networking sites or web pages
- Stealing a person’s account information to break into their account and send damaging messages
- Pretending to be someone else online to hurt another person
- Taking unflattering pictures of a person and spreading them through cell phones or the Internet
- Sexting, or circulating sexually suggestive pictures or messages about a person